Renogy Power Plus Community Rules and Regulations
Last modified: Feb. 13, 2023
Welcome to the Renogy Power Plus Community! We're so excited to have you with us on this journey toward energy independence.
This community is a platform for energy freedom pursuers like you to stay in the loop on solar energy innovations, share your solar journey, exchange knowledge about solar products, participate in reward activities and connect with like-minded people who are changing the world along with Renogy.
To make sure everyone enjoys their time here, we've created a few rules to follow. By following these rules, you'll be able to share your thoughts and ideas as part of creating a friendly and supportive community. Please take a moment to read and understand these rules.
1. The content posted by users in the community (including text, images, audio, and video) must not violate any national laws or regulations. Users must not post anything that infringes on the law or on the intellectual property rights of others.
2. All content you post, upload, or otherwise make available in the community may be reviewed by DC Home administrators. Everyone in the community should respect the privacy and safety of you and others.
3. Please note that you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, your content or conduct. Publishing or disseminate the following content is prohibited:
● Nudity, sexual, violence, drugs, gambling, discrimination, and any other illegal content
● Insults, threats, political expression or hate speech
● Deliberately provocative or inflammatory messages
● Misleading or deceptive content
● Derogatory and offensive remarks aimed at others (including Renogy)
4. DC Home administrators will delete posts containing any of the above, with or without notice. Users who violate the rules will be suspended and/or banned from posting or commenting.
5. You are granting us a permanent, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish in our app and website. You retain copyright over the content
6. By registering and logging into the community, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to the above Terms and Rules of Renogy Community
7. Renogy reserves the right to edit or delete any comments or posts that it considers to be unlawful or offensive.
Threads and Posts
The following are not allowed:
1. Posts or links to sites that violate the General Guidelines.
2. Posting multiple or duplicated posts to increase your post count.
3. Advertising, spamming, and trolling – including in emails, posts, comments, pictures, or videos.
4. Defaming any person or organization. A post/comment is defamatory if it lowers or harms the reputation of a person or organization.
5. Content that could be considered intolerant of a person’s race, culture, appearance, gender, sexual preference, religion, or age.
6. The use of emojis or images to convey inappropriate meaning.
7. Arguing about company policies in threads or posts. If you have an issue with company policies, please fill out a support ticket.
Additional guidelines for posts:
8. Support tickets are considered confidential and may be deleted if posted in the forums.
9. Posts with titles like "I'm sure this will just get deleted" will be deleted.
10. When creating a new thread, make sure to tag it with the relevant topics to help users and tech support provide the most useful responses. Posts with an incorrect tag may be adjusted by the administrator or deleted.
11. Content promoting unauthorized modifications (such as hardware, firmware, or software) is not permitted for safety reasons. Any such content will be deleted.
12. If your technical question has been solved, please edit your title to include "[SOLVED]" to help others find solutions to their problems.
13. If you create a new thread to share a link to a blog post, article, or similar, you must include the main content in the post.
Any posts that violate the guidance above will be removed by administrators. In severe cases, the poster may be banned or completely disabled for a minimum of 30 days.
1. Use the report function if you see someone breaking the Community Rules. This helps us keep the community helpful and organized. NOTE: Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't necessarily mean they are breaking the rules.
2. Don't comment on threads obviously created by spam bots. Instead, report the thread and move on.
3. Don't feel that you need to act as an administrator. All reports will be reviewed, so simply use the report function if someone is breaking the rules.
4. Never expose personal information – yours or that of any community member.
Usernames and Avatars
1. Offensive or inflammatory usernames or avatars are not allowed.
2. Change your username in your personal homepage settings.
3. Avatars that might be confused with public characters are not allowed.
4. To avoid any confusion, using the Renogy logo as an avatar is not allowed.
Username or avatar violators will have their account suspended from posting for at least 30 days. The suspension can be lifted after the violation has been corrected and the account is back in compliance.
Consequences of Breaking the Rules
1. Renogy reserves the right to update and modify these rules as needed to ensure the smooth operation of the community.
2. Breaking any of these rules may result in the deletion of threads/posts/comments, suspension or termination of user accounts, and/or loss of privileges:
● Temporary Suspension—a participant who repeatedly and flagrantly flouts the community rules may be suspended from posting or logging in. The suspension period will reflect both the severity and consistency of the breach.
● Permanent Blocking—a participant who continues to violate the community rules following reinstatement after a period of suspension may have their access to the community permanently revoked.
3. These rules cover most common situations, but Renogy reserves the right to take any action deemed necessary to ensure the forums are not disrupted or abused.
4. If you want to contest a ban, email email@example.com. However, please note that bans are carefully applied and rarely lifted.